Re: Debian 5.0 (lenny) tar ball for the SheevaPlug - USB install

Chris Burghart wrote:
> Martin Michlmayr wrote:
>> * Chris Burghart <burghart@ucar.edu> [2009-05-12 10:05]:
>>> Thanks for putting this together, making things simple for the rest
>>> of us.  However, it appears that the md and raid* modules and binaries
>>> necessary to use a RAIDed root are not in the uInitrd from the tar ball.
>>> (As a side note, the out-of-the-box Sheeva system *does* support RAID
>>> root).  Any chance of regenerating your tar ball with a RAID-friendly
>>> uInitrd?
>> I've updated the tar ball.  Can you try it?
>
> Thanks.  I should be able to try it tomorrow and let you know
> the results.
>
> Chris Burghart

The new tar ball mounts my RAID root partition very happily now.
I had a small hiccup after I first booted, since I did not
change /etc/fstab to reflect the correct root partition.  That's
now corrected, and things look great so far!

Thanks again,

Chris Burghart