Re: Debian 5.0 (lenny) tar ball for the SheevaPlug - USB install

David Given wrote:
Be careful --- this is pretty much the same setup I have (except I
bought four 16GB USB sticks [30MB/s read, 15MB/s write via RAID-0, heh
heh heh] and so far I've noticed that the SheevaPlug is very, very picky
about USB hubs.

I've tried three hubs, an expensive branded D-Link 7-port and two cheapo
Scan 4-port own brand ones of different models. Only one of the Scan
hubs works reliably. The others produce I/O errors, spontaneous
disconnects, and general badness.
I've got a:

Bus 001 Device 002: ID 05e3:0608 Genesys Logic, Inc. USB-2.0 4-Port HUB, unpowered.

cheapest USB hub I found at my local white-goods store with a couple of 1TB disks plugged in and raid-1'd. Not a sign of a problem.

(plugging and unplugging the mini-usb diag port resets the plug about 1 out of every 5 times however).