Re: ARM hardware available for developers

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 08:05:50PM +0100, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> I have a number of ARM devices/boards that I no longer need and I'm
> looking for developers or testers who can do something useful with
> them.  Those devices have been given to me to improve Debian support,
> and so they should be used for Debian related activities
> (debian-installer tests and development, kernel work, or other things
> you can think of).

In a similar tune, I have the following gear to offer:

  - 1x Allnet ALL6500 (Thecus N2100)
  - 1x Kurobox HG (266Mhz powerpc)
  - 1x IO-Data lan tank (266Mhz superH)

All of them have a serial port available.

> Since I somehow have to get the hardware to you, I'd prefer to hear
> from people in Europe or the US but this is no absolute requirement.

> Note that none of these devices come with hard drives.

> If you're interested, please contact me privately and tell me the
> following information:

>  - What you would like to do with the device - if you don't clearly
>    show that you'll do something useful with the device, you definitely
>    won't get it.  People who will actively contribute to Debian's ARM
>    port get bonus points.
>  - What kind of experience you have.
>  - Is there one device you'd prefer?
>  - Where are you located?

Same instructions. If you are coming to debconf this yead, it doesn't matter
where you are located.

> If I decide to send you a device, the following rule applies: this
> device is to be used for Debian related work.  If you no longer have
> the time or interest in doing something useful with the device, it's
> your obligation to find another person who will do something useful
> (and Debian related) with it and give it to them.

The ALLNET was donated for debian work, the rest are more flexibly
available for any kind of free software work.

--
"rm -rf" only sounds scary if you don't have backups