Re: Alignement on ARM

OoO Peu  avant le  début de  l'après-midi du samedi  07 mars  2009, vers
13:40, Martin Guy <martinwguy@yahoo.it> disait :

>> I have  followed the howto available here:
>> http://www.aurel32.net/info/debian_arm_qemu.php
>> to setup  an ARM system. However,  I have no alignment  issues with this
>> platform.  What kind  of ARM  platform may  I setup  that  would produce
>> no error but incorrect data when reading unaligned int?

> It turns out that qemu does not emulate the ARM misaligned word access
> behaviour, but has the same behaviour as the host machine's
> instruction set. You will need to use real ARM hardware.

I was becoming  crazy to try to get an unaligned  access. Thanks for the
tip! :)

> I keep a system set up in this mode with public acess for developers.
> Please write privately suggesting username  if access to this would be
> useful.

Unfortunately, I need  root access to be able to  inject packets. I will
try to get access to some NSLU2 platform.

Thanks for helping!
--
BOFH excuse #313:
your process is not ISO 9000 compliant