Re: Upgrade arm installation to armel?

Gordon Farquharson wrote:
Hi Bill

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 20:21, Bill Gatliff <bgat@billgatliff.com> wrote:

If I have a machine like an n2100 that's running lenny arm, is it possible
to merely "upgrade" it to armel?

You may want to try out the instructions in the section "Migrating arm
installation to arm EABI installation" on this page [1].

Those sound so... scary.  :)

Ok, I think I'm ok with a fresh install. But the n2100 docs all talk about an n2100.bin file, put into place using the Thecus infrastructure. What if the system is already running Debian arm?

I looked at mounting the installer image over NFS, but apparently the stock n2100 kernel can't do nfsroot. Any suggestions?

b.g.

--
Bill Gatliff
bgat@billgatliff.com