NSLU2 Debian Lenny RC1: unable to connect to hostname.local

Hi!

I have Debian Lenny RC1 installed on a couple of NSLU2 boxes (one DHCP, one static IP). The problem is I can't ping or connect to them using their hostname.
After editing /etc/hostname the prompt on the NSLU2 changes, but it's not possible to ping or connect using the hostname.

When trying to ping i get:
"ping: cannot resolve HOSTNAME.local: Unknown host"

And when trying to connect via SSH:
"ssh: Could not resolve hostname HOSTNAME.local: nodename nor servname provided, or not known"

Does anyone know how to fix this? All other boxes (mainly various Ubuntu versions) on my network work fine, I'm just experiencing this on the two NSLU2 boxes.