Re: ARM kernel snapshots - 2.6.32-rc8

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 10:27 PM, Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> wrote:
> I've built kernel snapshots for armel based on 2.6.32-rc8.  If your
> device has a recovery mechanism or a serial console, feel free to test
> them on your favourite ARM machine and report any problems you
> encounter to this list.

Works fine on my QNAP TS-409.

I had a few issues initially but I think these were related to my
rootfs, not the kernel image.
A boot would get stuck at initramfs stage as it couldn't mount my ext3
rootfs partition.  Odd thing was that the partition would mount using
the ext4 fs driver.  This behaviour remained when I downgraded the
kernel.  I performed a fresh Lenny install and it was all OK.

* John Holland <john.holland@cellent-fs.de> [2009-11-21 14:50]:
> I have already discovered the nfs server will not start with the default
> nfs-kernel-server init script. A mandatory prerequisite is a kernel
* Martin Michlmayr responded:
> Yep, that's a known problem: http://bugs.debian.org/550153

I also noticed the nfs-kernel-server issue.

Cheers,
Nick