Re: Problem Booting from SD Card.

* Ian Barton <lists@manor-farm.org> [2009-11-05 10:43]:
> I am trying to install Squeeze onto an SD card using the Debian
> installer. The installation goes OK, but when I try to boot I get:
>
> Connected.
>  0
> Error! cmd : 8, err : 0201

Unfortunately there's nothing we can do about this.  SheevaPlug
support is being merged into upstream u-boot, which will probably
help.  But I'm not sure what the status of that is.

> Snipped log below to the point where it hangs:
>
> Begin: Mounting root file system ... Begin: Running
> /scripts/local-top ... done.
> Begin: Waiting for root file system ... [    2.320000] mmc0: host
> does not support reading read-only switch. assuming write-enable.
> [    2.330000] mmc0: new high speed SD card at address 678f
> [    2.350000] mmcblk0: mmc0:678f SD01G 982 MiB
> [    2.360000]  mmcblk0: p1 p2

This is likely because the UUIDs of the partitions of this stick don't
match that of the original installation.  The Debian installer
nowadays uses UUID instead of device names like /dev/mmcblk0p1 in
/etc/fstab.

You can fix this easily though: put the original SD card into your PC
and check the UUIDs of each ext2/ext3 partition like this:
  sudo tune2fs -l /dev/mmcblk0p1 | grep UUID
And then put the new SD card in and set the UUIDs with tune2fs -U.

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/