Re: doubt

On 11/3/09, rajagopal venugopal <raj3501@gmail.com> wrote:
> my doubt is whether i can use my own kernel for for my own arm hardware and
> make the kernel work with debian GNU/Linux

Yes. I do this all the time. You may get problems if your kernel
configuration is very different from the config that debian kernels
use - if it lacks things like udev for example, but in general the
Debian filesystem seems quite tolerant of most config differences.
If you are building a kernel with module support, you will need to add
the modules under /lib/modules in your root filesystem. Example (from
the kernel build directory, assuming you have your rootfs mounted on
/dev/sda1)):

    INSTALL_MOD_PATH=/mnt/sda1 make modules_install

Good luck!