[fixed] Re: Some help needed to install Lenny on the Intel SS4000-E nas

Hi,

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 05:49:37PM +0200, Martin Michlmayr wrote:

> > As a side note, the results are exactly the same with the Lenny kernel
> > (2.6.26) which boots if tftp loaded, but not when flashed.
>
> Strange... I don't have the hardware so I cannot track this down, but
> I'm sure Wouter will take a look.

I finaly get my SS4000-E booting ! :-)

In fact, everything needed is in Wouter's notes in the manual : one
should not forget to update the boot script on the nas after flashing
the kernel.

Until now, I leave it untouched and it was the only remaining problem.

But where the final § says :

    Note that it is not necessary to update the boot script after the
    installation. The system will be configured to take the root
    device from system configuration, rather than from the kernel
    command line. It will not do any harm to do so anyway, however.

I had nevertheless to explicitly write the used root device in the
script (if not, the kernel waits for the root device).

The nas is running squeeze (sid wasn't installable the day I retry)
and it get the kernel flashed with the sid flash-kernel package.

So, a big thanks to all of you --- Arnaud, Martin, Andrea, Wouter and
Kenny --- whose helped me !!

--

J.-F. STRAETEN

---