Re: problem building gerris on armel: Illegal instruction

On Sun, 2009-04-19 at 16:08 +0100, Martin Guy wrote:
> On 4/19/09, Drew Parsons <dparsons@debian.org> wrote:
> >  is in FPU_SETCW, so it's certainly related to Debian patch
> >  fpucontrol-bug350595.patch.
>
> Maybe

Related in the sense that this patch will be the right place for the
fix/workaround.

> #if defined(__ARM_EABI__) && defined(__SOFTFP__)
>     /* ARM EABI soft float silently returns infinities on division by zero */
> # else
>    ... FPU_SETCW stuff ...
> #endif

Yay...
"Built successfully
Purging /var/lib/schroot/mount/sid-armel-sbuild-00eba725-73b9-4527-ad6b-bea81bf920ff/build/buildd-gerris_0.9.2+darcs081022-dfsg.1-4-armel-xLQcB2"

Thanks for the right arm symbols, Martin.  It's all good now.

I think the behaviour we're seeing here on armel is in fact the wrong
way round: gerris is trying to unset ZM, meaning it does want an
interrupt. But anyway, those details are not so important, since
effectively what we have on armel is the situation where FPU_SETCW is
NOT in fact available, so fpu_control.h should not be defining it.  Then
in gerris, the original check for HAVE_FPU_SETCW would have kicked in,
leaving out the fpu code.  I'll accept the workaround you suggested in
gerris and leave you guys to sort out the details of fpu_control.h :)

Thanks again,

Drew