Re: Repository help.

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 12:18 AM, John Winters <john@sinodun.org.uk> wrote:
Victor Padro wrote:
[snip]
> Is there any documentation you guys can point me to?
> How can I set a local repo just for ARM/AMD64 and i386?

/usr/bin/debmirror /mirror/debian \
               --host=ftp.uk.debian.org \
               --method=http \
               --root=debian \
               --dist=lenny \
               --arch=i386,amd64,armel \
               --nosource \
               --verbose \
               --ignore-release-gpg

HTH
John

Thank you for your response.

Exactly where should I put those lines, John?
Should I create a new mymirror.list with that content?
Or is it based on the Debian.org documentation's config?

Because I installed apt-mirror on the server and I am still reading the docu for it,
it actually tells to change the mirror.list under /etc/apt/ and I have something like this:

############# config ##################
#
# set base_path    /var/spool/apt-mirror
#
# if you change the base path you must create the directories below with write $
#
# set mirror_path  $base_path/mirror
# set skel_path    $base_path/skel
# set var_path     $base_path/var
# set cleanscript $var_path/clean.sh
# set defaultarch  <running host architecture>
set nthreads     20
set _tilde 0
#
############# end config ##############

#Lenny i386/AMD64
deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free

#Lenny ARM
deb-arm http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free
deb-src-arm http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free

deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian stable main/debian-installer
deb-arm http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian stable main/debian-installer

clean http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian
#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found this on the apt-mirror forum:
http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=2072214&forum_id=197335

when i do:

debiansrv06:/etc/apt# apt-mirror

After a while it tells me that's going to get 45GiB from the mirror repositories, that's a lot using one 1Mb ADSL link.

Will download all of that just for i386/AMD64 and ARM? or it will download that for the whole arch supported in debian?

Is it possible to copy the contents of the ARM DVD to a local folder and use it as a local repository?  This can be done in CentOS/Fedora/RHEL as this howto states.

If someone could correct me if I did something wrong here please.

Sorry for my bad english.

"Todo el desorden del mundo proviene de las profesiones mal o mediocremente servidas"