Re: Debian 5.0 armel installation question

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 01:09:32PM +0100, Yegor Yefremov wrote:
> For Etch I used initrd.gz from netwinder, but as far as I understand it
> supports only ARM and not EABI ARM. I need a "cdrom" installer and not
> the "netboot" one. What were the best way to install Lenny on my device?

What you want is a versatile image:

http://ftp.fi.debian.org/debian/dists/lenny/main/installer-armel/current/images/versatile/netboot/

See the unnoficial howto:

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Arm/OtherPlatforms

My (limited) impression is that the netboot image should support any debian cd/dvd
image available, as long as the kernel and bootloader initrd have already been loaded
via other means.

--
"rm -rf" only sounds scary if you don't have backups