Re: qcontrol available for QNAP TS-109/209 hardware control

On Wednesday 21 January 2009, Frantisek Svarc wrote:
> Thanks for this package. When you do have it running as a daemon, would
> it be possible to also have it monitor the status of hard drives,
> especially if mdadm raid is present, and light the red led on any sort
> of failure?

The configuration file is in LUA, which seems to be a quite powerful
scripting language. So if you can script it there I guess that should be
possible.

But I'm afraid that I cannot help you with that: I don't know LUA and also
not all that much about the internal workings of qcontrol. I suggest you
try it yourself first (the config examples in /usr/share/doc/qcontrol may
help a bit). If you need help you could try contacting the upstream
author of qcontrol (see man page or copyright file).

If you do manage to get it working, please do send your config file in a
bug report against qcontrol. It would certainly be interesting to include
in the package as an example.

Cheers,
FJP