how to install debian image on nslu2 (not full install)

I have debian installed on my nslu2 however it went bad so I bought a new
one.

I have debian installed on my external wd mybook, which I dont want to
reinstall.

which steps do I need to take to burn a new image on the new nslu2 so I
could use it with my already installed debian ?

regards,

Ido

PS: I'm not sure which Image i originally used (Debian/NSLU2 Stable 4.0r3 or
5.0, but I think it was stable..)