Re: USB Ethernet Adapters [Re: Please test daily debian-installer images]

* Rick Thomas <rbthomas55@pobox.com> [2008-08-31 14:15]:
>> http://people.debian.org/~joeyh/d-i/armel/images/daily/
>> The images here will work on Linksys NSLU2 (ixp4xx) with
>> a USB Ethernet adapter.
>
> There seem to be lots[1] of USB ethernet adapters in the $15-$30 US
> range.

It's best if you can find out which chip an adapter uses and then
check if the chip is supported by the kernel.  I use one based on a
pegasos chip and it works fine.

BTW, did you see that images with the IXP4xx microcode are available,
i.e. the built-in Ethernet works with them.  It's really easy to
repack an image to add the IXP4xx microcode.
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/