Re: Problems with USB-Serial adapter after upgrade to 2.6.26-1

On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 11:54:28AM +0300, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> We received the following problem about usb-serial in 2.6.26.  Is this
> a known issue?
>
> * u7l11ey@mail.lrz-muenchen.de <u7l11ey@mail.lrz-muenchen.de> [2008-08-30 20:33]:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > yesterday I did an "apt-get dist-upgrade" on my NSLU2 running Debian lenny
> > (armel version). Now I have kernel 2.6.26-1-ixp4xx.
> >
> > I'm using an USB-to-Serial adapter based on the pl2303 chipset, which has
> > been working flawlessly with all previous versions of Debian I had
> > installed on that NSLU2. Now I get repeated errors on this interface, with
> > error messages in syslog like these:

This should only be happening if the port is being closed and then data
is still in flight, right?

If the driver is working properly, this should be safe to ignore, I
think the 2.6.27 kernel will have a lot of these types of warnings
resolved with all of the tty layer changes.

thanks,

greg k-h