Re: ext3/ext2 kernel bug with umlauts?

Ok, I'll bet I know what the problem is; it was recently discussed on
the ext3-users list.  There is a workaround discussed here:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/ext3-users/2008-August/msg00008.html

and a patch here:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/ext3-users/2008-August/msg00011.html

I plan to send this patch to Linus during the 2.6.28 merge window.

BTW, can someone with an ARM machine do me a favor (since I'm about to
change the default hash algorithm in the next version of e2fsprogs)?
Take the tst_hash program in the first mail message (msg00008.html)
and run the following two commands, and send me back the output?  I
want to make sure that the half_md4 algorithm is faster on the ARM
platform as well as on Intel.

time tst_hash -q -a tea -n 3000000
time tst_hash -q -a half_md4 -n 3000000

						- Ted