Re: Ralink

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 10:54:32AM +0200, Xan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have attached to slug a hub of 4 ports and in one port I plug a net
> usb key.
> This key has ralink driver
>
> kernel detects it (you can show that in dmesg), but it does not put any
> interface (I have only eth0 and lo).
>
> What can I do for having interface present in ifconfig?
> Please, step by step. I'm a begginer.
> I want to use rt2x00 instead of old rt2570 driver

How did you determine that there is now interface? Most probably the interface
is still down and therefore does not show with ifconfig. Try 'ifconfig -a'
to see all interfaces.

If the interface show up with 'ifconfig -a' you have to issue 'ifconfig xxx up'
to start scanning for wireless networks.

Gaudenz

--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.