Re: XFS is unsafe (Was: Re: d-i does not show jfs in partition tool)

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 01:19:13PM +0300, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Gaudenz Steinlin <gaudenz@debian.org> [2008-08-27 11:56]:
> > I can confirm the corruption also happens on my Thecus N2100 running kernel 2.6.24
> > with the DMA patches from Dan Williams.
> >
> > I've noticed that some XFS fixes got into 2.6.27-rc4. Martin built some Debian
> > packages of this kernel version, but only for armel. I'm still running arm
> > unfortunately.
>
> The ARM XFS fix that got into 2.6.27 is also in our 2.6.26 kernel.
> However, if you want to try 2.6.27-rc4, I can build it for arm.

I tested with 2.6.26-3 from unstable. I also get the corruption with
this kernel. Are you sure that everything that went into 2.6.27 is also in
the Debian kernel? If not, could you build an image for arm?

Tobias: Are you running arm or armel? The XFS on arm bug referenced in the
kernel changelog suggests that at least some parts of the problem may be
arm specific. Did anyone test on armel?

Gaudenz
--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.