Re: Daily installer image available for QNAP TS-109, TS-209 and TS-409

* Thomas Boehne <TBoehne@ADwin.de> [2008-07-28 09:25]:
> Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> > Performance with Debian might be slightly worse because the mainline
> > kernel doesn't yet have all optimizations that the original vendor
> > release from Marvell had.  (But this problem also applies if you ran
> > Debian on the DNS-323 with a mainline kernel.)
> OK, so there is hope that performance will increase over time.

Yes, definitely.  I intend to somehow make updates kernels available
with new patches (features/performance) but I'm not sure yet how.
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/