RTL-8169 multicast bug (was Re: sky2 hang reproduced)

Hi, it is not the sky2, it's an RTL-8169.

On Fri, Jul 04, 2008 at 10:36:58PM +0200, maximilian attems wrote:
> please checkout current 2.6.25 unstable linux images
> or even better 2.6.26-rc8 trunk snapshots see apt lines
> -> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianKernel
>
> and report back on those, if still failing on latest
> upstream needs to be notified.

Sure -- I'm CCing debian-arm incase someone there has a n2100 running
one of those kernels already -- it will take me days to build it :)

Can someone verify that the rtl 8169 multicast bug is present on modern
kernels: best way is to ensure your iface is not promisc, and run
something like mt-daapd and see if after 30 minutes or so your share
disappears from the network, and whether setting the iface to promisc
fixes it.

linux-image-2.6.25-2-iop32x is in the archive so I will try and install
that.

--
Jon Dowland

--