Re: Task list for Debian on the QNAP Turbostation

On Sun, Apr 6, 2008 at 10:45 AM, Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> wrote:
> * nathael.pajani@ed3l.fr <nathael.pajani@ed3l.fr> [2008-03-30 17:14]:

>  > > No change.
>  > >
>  > I do not understand the problem in here (though I'm not very friendly
>  > with the debian installer). can you tell me more about this ?
>
>  http://www.us.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/errata describes the
>  problem:
>
>  Disk devices may change on reboot
>     On systems with multiple disk controllers, the kernel/udev may
>     assign a different device node on reboot of the system than was used
>     during installation due to difference in load order of drivers.
>
>  i.e. sda1 might suddenly show up as sdb1.

I am planning to, during my gsoc project, add support in d-i
to enable the use of labels for devices due to the spurious
renaming/mapping of device files.

On the other hand I would gladly start to work on this right
now. I could use some pointers to where I should look
(source and docs).

Regards,
Per Andersson
avtobiff