Re: Kexec on ARM? (Was Re: encrypted root fs on a slug and crypto-modules)

Kapil Hari Paranjape schrieb:
Hello,

On Thu, 03 Apr 2008, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
* Kapil Hari Paranjape <kapil@imsc.res.in> [2008-04-01 16:15]:
However, I note that there is supposed to be some support for
kexec on arm since 2.6.22 but it is not built-in for the Debian
kernels. Is the reason for this documented somewhere?
There's no good reason it's disabled apart from the fact that there
has been no demand for it yet.  Can you re-compile the Debian kernel
with kexec (*) and tell me if it works.  If so, I'm happy to enable
it.

I'll first see if kexec-tools can be compiled. This might take
less time than compiling the kernel. ;-)

Without kexec-tools the procedure I outlined wouldn't work anyway.

kexec and kexec-tools work on debian-arm - I use it on FSG-3:

http://wpkg.org/Running_Debian_on_Freecom_FSG-3#kexec

--
Tomasz Chmielewski