Re: How to write a bootsektor on a CF-Card if I have only a i386 and amd64?

On Sat, Mar 08, 2008 at 04:03:02PM +0100, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> It is a LH7A404 Evaluation Board from NXP/Philips which has only the
> CF-Card Reader attached and if I power the couple up, I see the LED
> blinking that it try to read the CF-Card.
>
> Unter BSD I have a working Image which I can write to the CF-Card and
> it boots but my LH7 is a little bit weird with Linux
>
> Can you tell me, what I must exactly modify, that the LH7 find the
> kernel to bootup?

Well I have only worked with a couple of arm boards (none of which had
any support for BSD) and they all came with instructions on how to
install linux from the manufacturer.  Normally evaluation boards do.  Of
course if they don't support linux then that makes life much harder.

--
Len Sorensen