encrypted root fs on a slug and crypto-modules

After using my slug for some time to serve files with Debian installed
I thought I'd try using it for a kerberos kdc (tested and works ok) on
an encrypted root file system (current experiment). Not much load and
file access so this might be ok.

But for encryption during a fresh install on the slug, it seems the
installer fails to load some modules even though I have inserted an
extra media with a swap partition and initiated this partition for
swap before attempting to partition and encrypting the fs. In
particular three modules are not found

Feb 23 19:03:55 anna[9635]: DEBUG: resolver (ext2-modules): package doesn't exist (ignored)
Feb 23 19:03:55 anna[9635]: DEBUG: resolver (crypto-modules): package doesn't exist (ignored)
Feb 23 19:03:55 anna[9635]: DEBUG: resolver (libnewt0.52): package doesn't exist (ignored)

and a short investigation gives that it seems natural because they are
not built by the source package:
http://packages.debian.org/source/etch/linux-kernel-di-arm-2.6

But is this the only problem or is there some other flaw in my plan on
using an extra USB-memory for swap during the install? While the slug
is not really up to the task of acting as an interactive workstation I
have found that with swap it is surprisingly capable so I thought that
it perhaps could do the install given enough swap.

Thank you
Anders