Re: source package of 2.6.22-3-ixp4xx somehow missing ixp4xx_npe driver

hi martin

first let me thank you (and all the others involved of course, too) for your ongoing support and effort for bringing and maintaining debian for the NSLU2!

Martin Michlmayr wrote:
I'm not sure how you compiled the kernel but it seems the Debian
patches were not applied.  I suggest you follow the instructions at
http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Debian/BuildImage

I fetched the newest debian kernel image source in unstable and followed the instructions. there are some small changes (underscores vs. hyphens) that IMO should be changed in the wiki page:

this does not work:
$ fakeroot make -f debian/rules.gen setup-arm-none-ixp4xx

this works:
$ fakeroot make -f debian/rules.gen setup_arm_none_ixp4xx

the generated directory also is not called 'debian/build/build-arm-none-ixp4xx/' but 'ebian/build/build_arm_none_ixp4xx/', furthermore compiling the kernel then goes like this:

$ fakeroot make -f debian/rules.gen binary-arch_arm_none_ixp4xx

and not:
$ fakeroot make -f debian/rules.gen binary-arch-arm-none-ixp4xx

I don't know whether these changes only apply to kernels > 2.6.18 (example on the wiki page).

thanks & regards
nicola