Re: Security buildd for armel

On Mon, Feb 04, 2008 at 01:05:29PM +0200, Riku Voipio wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 03, 2008 at 11:01:01PM +0100, Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:
> > I have a question wrt armel qualification for Lenny:
> > What type of machine is planned to be used as the
> > security buildd?
>
> Generally buildd's are handled by infrastructure team, not by porters.

Ok, but porters should be aware that their port has a problem. Hence
this mail:

Just to give an overview of current security updates blocked by arm:
(the hppa buildd is currently offline and thus ignored)

- sdl-image is ready and only missing arm builds
- tk8.4 is ready except missing arm builds (well and m68k, but
we'll get rid of it in two months)

Also there are four updates for iceweasel, xulrunner, icedove
and iceape coming very soon, which take 12-15 hours each, while
the second slowest arch requires ca. 4-5 hours, imposing another
delay.

Plus, this is not only a delay by a few hours, but since we're
all volunteers only having "slots" of free time, it amounts to
much more: If arm builds were ready by now, I could release
them now, while I won't have time otherwise before sunday.

So, these Intel boards are _badly_ needed. Or maybe the buildd
can be run in qemu on a fast amd64 machine, I don't know if
that would work out.

Cheers,
        Moritz