Re: Status of armel in the archive?

On Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 10:48:51PM +0100, Luk Claes wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 02, 2008 at 10:32:55AM +0100, Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt wrote:

> Note that we don't intend to include arm in lenny+1 and would like to
> have a clear commitment from the arm/armel pointers to switch to only
> armel (no arm anymore) after lenny.

Armel is already where most of the work is done, and already at
last debconf we agreed that the best way to proceed would be to
release lenny with arm + armel and the drop arm. So, yes, we
can commit to that[1]. If there is still oldabi arm user demand,
we can support them using the debian-ports infrastructure with
relatively little effort.

> IRC discussion with tbm showed that lenny should include both arm and
> armel to give people a chance to switch from a supported arm to a
> supported armel

This is currently in the hands of ftp-masters, and Anthony Towns has
already agreed to add armel to the archive. Which, I think is totally
awesome :)

Cheers,
Riku

[1] I can ofcourse only speak of myself, but AFAIK other porters
agree.

--
"rm -rf" only sounds scary if you don't have backups