Re: NSLU2 Install problems with 4.0r2

I had one crash and one failure while trying to install Debian 4.0r2 on my NSLU2:

1. Crashed while trying to write a new partition table.
2. Failed during software install step, tried to setup as a Web Server and File Server.

The crash was a one time event, I haven't tried to recreate the failure because it only happens after taking some two hours to install all the necessary software. After installing using only the base software I was successful in getting the slug up and running.

- jake

On Dec 30, 2007 11:03 AM, John Winters <john@sinodun.org.uk> wrote:
> On 29/12/2007, John Winters <john@sinodun.org.uk> wrote:
>> Dave Potts wrote:
>> >
>> > The relevant lines towards the end seem to be:
>> >
>> > "Dec 29 21:34:12 base-installer: Err http://ftp.uk.debian.org etch
>> Release.gpg
>> > Dec 29 21:34:12 base-installer:   Could not connect to
>> > ftp.uk.debian.org:80 (1.0.0.0), connection timed out
>>
>> The slug seems to think that ftp.uk.debian.org has an IP address of
>> 1.0.0.0 which is obviously wrong.  It should be 83.142.228.128.  This
>> suggests that there is something wrong with the DNS setup, either on the
>> slug itself, or on the machine which it is using as a DNS server.
>>
>> Given that you're picking up your IP address by DHCP, what values are
>> being sent for the DNS server?  What ends up in /etc/resolv.conf on the
>> slug?
>>

> Contents of resolv.conf are:
> nameserver 192.168.1.1
>
> ...which is the IP of my ADSL router and the same setting as on my
> laptop that resolves the address just fine.

Funnily enough I've just started experiencing exactly the same problem
with a cheap no-name ADSL router which I'm trying to set up for my father.
 The first computer to connect to it gets working DNS whilst the second
one gets all DNS queries answered with 1.0.0.0 as the address.  This is on
the end of a Tiscali ADSL connection, so I don't know whether it's the
router or Tiscali f**king things up.

Sounds like it's the same as your problem though.