From: Martin Guy <martinwguy@yahoo.it>
Date: Dec 18, 2008 2:39 PM
Subject: Re: in at the deep end
To: linux-cirrus@freelists.org

Ok, I have working Maverick patches for gcc-4.3.2.

 Main differences from the Futaris 4.1.2 and 4.2.0 ones:
 - no negative impact on speed of regular ARM code
 - addition of -mieee flag for full IEEE precision at about half of full speed
 - generated floating point code is about 10% faster

 See martinwguy.co.uk/martin/crunch for patches, native compiler
 tarballs and description.

 While I've compiled and run testsuite of various real programs, the
 infamous "paranoia" IEEE conformance torture test when testing double
 precision, fails in bizarre ways (see above web page). This seems to
 be due to further undocumented subtle timing bugs in the silicon,
 which only "paranoia" is unlucky enough to tickle.

 Enjoy; feedback welcome