Re: Problems compiling 2.6.26 kernel package on NSLU2 (Slug)

On Thu, 30 Oct 2008, Matthew Palmer wrote:

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 06:42:28PM -0400, JLB wrote:
Then, following http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Debian/BuildImage as a
guide, and after dpkg-source -x'ing the .dsc, I did the following:

# fakeroot make -f debian/rules.gen setup_arm_none_ixp4xx >>
../kernel-build.log 2>&1
# cd debian/build/build-arm_none_ixp4xx
# make ARCH=arm menuconfig
# (here, I configured kernel options)
# fakeroot make -f debian/rules.gen binary-arch_arm_none_ixp4xx >>
../kernel-build.log 2>&1

The kernel merrily built its way along for around 24-36 hours, then
puked. The tail -30 of kernel-build.log is as follows:

There's nothing particularly useful in that snippet of log; you might want
to put the whole log up somewhere for people to view and then throw the URL
in here.

The whole log may not be much more illuminating, but I've put it online at:

http://tinyurl.com/5sz3bs

The whole shebang is around 900KB.

debugfs_remove                                   module: vmlinux,
version: 0x093f1d9c, export: EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL

Since it's waffling on about symbols, I'm wondering if you've managed to
change the kernel ABI so it needs bumping.  Take a look at the "ABI changes"
section of http://wiki.debian.org/DebianKernelCustomCompilation to see if it
applies to you.

I have no idea what this section is talking about, so I guess that's a 'no'...

As noted, I obtained an original Linux kernel source tarball from the Debian repository, along with the .dsc, etc. Aside from the changes made by the dsc/diff itself, I did not make any changes at all to the kernel source tree. :(

- Matt