Re: Recommended compile flags for Lenny armel on NSLU2

I am not a programmer, but I wanted to compile Mplayer.

The Mplayer configure defaults to '-O4 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer - ffast-math', the debian default is '-O2' neither detect ARMv5TE (Enhanced DSP Extensions) which the NSLU2 has.

from various places I found
CFLAGS=" -O4 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -mcpu=xscale - mabi=aapcs-linux -mfloat-abi=softfp -mfpu=vfp"

While the '-mfloat-abi=softfp' option compiling MPlayer OK it reported "Illegal instruction" when run. But when I used '-mfloat-abi=soft' it compiled and runs OK.

Mplayer doesn't detect ARMv5TE unless CFLAGS contains '-mcpu=xscale'

Alan