Re: Debian install on NSLU2 restarts when I copy lots of data

Rod Whitby wrote:
> It's unlikely that samba could cause the slug to reboot.  But I guess
> anything is possible in weird cases like this.
>
> Giles, it looks like you're really going to need a serial console to
> debug this one ...

I've found my old NSLU2 (which sadly had to be replaced since it's USB
ports died) to be unstable in case it was drawing it's power from the
external harddrive, i.e. the NSLU2 was drawing power over USB and turned
on automatically when I connected the externally powered harddrive -
maybe that's the case here?

He could try disconnecting his harddrive's power plug, turning on the
NSLU2 then powering the NSLU2 again while it's initializing...

--
Kurt Bernhard Pruenner --- Haendelstrasse 17 --- 4020 Linz --- Austria
.......It might be written "Mindfuck", but it's spelt "L-A-I-N".......