Re: more ram/swap on leisner, please?
- To: Camm Maguire <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Bill Gatliff <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, Wookey <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: more ram/swap on leisner, please?
- From: Peter Palfrader <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 19:17:07 +0100
- Message-id: <20080102181707.GO29363@asteria.noreply.org>
- Mail-followup-to: Peter Palfrader <email@example.com>, Camm Maguire <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Bill Gatliff <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, Wookey <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <20080102163145.GG19687@knossos.aleph1.co.uk>
- References: <20071117212058.GG28705@knossos.aleph1.co.uk> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20080102163145.GG19687@knossos.aleph1.co.uk>
On Wed, 02 Jan 2008, Wookey wrote:
> On 2008-01-02 11:00 -0500, Camm Maguire wrote:
> > I requested this a few weeks ago too -- don't know if the message got
> > through.
> It did, but may not have been spotted by Bill on the end of the fortran
> transition thread.
> Bill Gatliff is the man with the access to add RAM or swap. I suspect
> he board is already maxed out on physical RAM (it's only little), but
> some more swap ought to be do-able.
Currently the box only does NFS, and I'm not sure how well swapfiles
over NFS work. But maybe we can get a physical disk for swap purposes,
or Bill can come up with another solution.
> Some better hardware is in the works, but leisner will have to suffice
> for a little while longer.
We also have agnesi (ssh on 2260), which has also only 64 megs of
physical memory, but at least has swap.
| .''`. ** Debian GNU/Linux **
Peter Palfrader | : :' : The universal
http://www.palfrader.org/ | `. `' Operating System
| `- http://www.debian.org/