Re: GLAN Tank: request_module: runaway loop modprobe net-pf-1 and modules.dep

Hi Martin

On Nov 29, 2007 2:17 AM, Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> wrote:

> * Gordon Farquharson <gordonfarquharson@gmail.com> [2007-11-28 22:04]:
> > request_module: runaway loop modprobe net-pf-1
> >
> > I also get many copies of directly after the message above. Is this
> > related? What causes these messages?
> > /lib/modules/2.6.23-1-iop32x/modules.dep does exist.
>
> I see those messages too but never investigated.  I always had the
> impression the modules.dep warnings happen with kernels I compile
> myself since I never saw them with kernels from the archive.  But
> that's really just my impression.  I don't know if this is correct or
> whether there's a real bug here.

I've never seen them with ixp4xx kernels that I have built for the
NSLU2. However, I haven't tried one in the last week or two. I'll do
that once I've done some testing on the GLAN Tank.

Gordon

--
Gordon Farquharson
GnuPG Key ID: 32D6D676