Re: Kernel Image for additional arm platform

Lennert Buytenhek wrote:
On Sat, Nov 24, 2007 at 05:21:57PM +0200, Eugene San wrote:

Well, if we are talking about 2.6.25 mainline, Buffulo/Kuro, Dlink
323 and Marvel NAS RD are going to be supported by Kernel out of
the box and the probably will be default for that platform.
But there are some other devices available on market (Maxtor MSSII
for Ex.) but they won't be officially supported by vanilla kernel.

Why not?

Therefor I was thinking about additional kernel images and patches
against kernel-source available in debian repositories.

If you have patches for those platforms already, why not send them
to linux-arm-kernel@ ?

The patches I have, are not based on code already accepted to mainline. I will have to
port them before they could be used as diff to already submitted code. In addition some
features patches rely on, not in patches already submitted to Mainline. But, maybe basic
support for some of devices could be added to mainline, I'll check that.
Thank you for giving me an idea :-)