local qemu chrootable debugging image?

Greetings!  I have a toolchain (bfd) format mismatch issue in GCL and
derivatives, and there has been no development machine access for many
many months.  I am curious as to whether it would be possible to

1) construct (or preferably download) a chrootable arm development
   image, perhaps based on qemu or the like, to enable local arm
   development/debugging within a subprocess of a running i386-based
   system.  (aka an emacs shell buffer into an arm virtual machine)
   (If so, a succinct howto would be most appreciated.)

2) upload binaries built under emulation

3) upload packages to be test built on arm only, and use the build log
   as a remote debugger.

4) implore those in power to restore and maintain Debian arm remote
   access, or at least provide some time estimates as to when we might
   expect this.

Take care,