Re: Debian on Thecus N2100

On 2007-09-28 10:42 +0100, Ross Burton wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm about to order a re-badged N2100 for use as a home NAS, and have a
> few questions about getting Debian onto it.
>
> I see that 4.0r1 is broken, is it best to install r0 or are there
> installer images with the fixed kernel on?  I could try installing Sid,
> but I'd prefer something known to work. :)

Installing 4.0r1 but setting debconf priority to 'low' means it lets
you specify a kernel so you can put the right one in. This is fairly
painless. See earlier messages this month on this list for details.

Wookey
--
Principal hats:  Balloonz - Toby Churchill - Aleph One - Debian
http://wookware.org/