Re: Pertelian X2040 on debian-arm running on a NSLU2

* Joe Attardi <jattardi@gmail.com> [2007-09-27 14:36]:
> I just recently got etch running on my NSLU2, and it runs great! I
> want to attach a Pertelian X2040 LCD (attaches via USB) to show
> basic system statistics, etc. But before I do that, I wanted to ask
> if anyone knows if it will run successfully with LCDproc or
> lcd4linux or a similar tool?
>
> I know it can run on SlugOS and Unslung but couldn't find any info
> about it running in Debian ARM.

That's mostly a question of kernel support.  According to
http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/SlugOS/InstallPertelianLCD you need
the usbserial and tdi_sio modules - these modules are activated in
Debian, so it should work.  libusb (libusb-0.1-4) and lcdproc are in
Debian too.
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/