Re: Stalled installation on NSLU2

Le mardi 28 août 2007 à 09:27 +0200, Martin Michlmayr a écrit :
> * Olivier Heinry <olivier.heinry@manga-burgah.net> [2007-08-28 02:37]:
> > this command % bzcat ~/base.tar.bz2 | tar -xvf -
> > outputted a lot of errors, sying it was impossible to mknod but i kept
> > going.
>
> You need to unpack the file as root.

Hi,
Now I've got a brand new kind of problem: during a successful SSH
session, i was performing the system update. I added a new user with
sudo rights, removed root login, then rebooted the slug.
Ever since, I cant ping it, nor open a ssh session into it.

I tried flashing it again with upslug2, which says it cant find any Slug
on the network.

The top status Led keeps on flashing amber (or is it red? difference is
slim...), never flashes amber/green pattern.

I guess $ sudo upslug2 is enough , no need to be root...

Any hint? I hope i havent wrecked it...

Olivier