Has anyone successfully built a FatSlug?

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to use Apex 1.4.18 to boot my 64M FatSlug, but I'm not having much luck.
I'm using the "proper" Debian/NSLU2 Etch.

I can build Apex on a PC, swap it, prepend a header, pad it with FF, and write it to mtdblock2.
(http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Debian/CompileApex and
http://wiki.buici.com/wiki/NSLU2_Memory_Expansion_--_Fat_Slug helped a lot!)
I have a serial port to observe the boot.

But whatever I do, it always reports 32 MiB:
- Whether I build Apex with 0x2000000 or 0x4000000 memory bank size
- Whether or not I do "sdram-init; memscan -u 0+256m" or "sdram-init; memscan -u 0+64m"
sdram-init always detects 1 pair of 128 Mib chips = 32 MiB
memscan always says there's only 32MB.

I used to boot with a hacked Redboot (that set the SDRAM config for 64M) with the old bootstrapped Debian; now I can't install stuff because I don't have enough memory :-(

Steve