Re: cause for armel nss (i.e., firefox) build segfault

Wookey wrote:
On 2007-05-06 03:40 +0200, Lennert Buytenhek wrote:

Hi,

The reason that building nss (i.e., firefox) would segfault on ARM EABI
systems is an assumption about the layout of the jmp_buf structure in
the nspr library (which nss depends on) that does hold on old-ABI but
no longer holds on EABI.  The attached patch fixes this assumption,
and fixes the shlibsign segfault during the building of nss (it also
fixes a floating point byte order assumption.)

That's a fine late-night hack.

Only this week I met some ARM Corp people who very very pleased with
your efforts but wondering when they might get a browser (better than
dillo) to demo to people. I did point out that the code was there and
they could fix it themselves, rather than just waiting for someone
else to get round to it :-)

They will now be even more impressed.

You told them where to send payment for Lennert's invoice, right?  ;)

b.g.
--
Bill Gatliff
bgat@billgatliff.com