Re: About armel repository

On Wed, Apr 25, 2007 at 08:55:29PM +0200, Juanjo wrote:

> - As I reported earlier cron and ftpd are broken (
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-arm/2007/04/msg00127.html )

ACK.  That just needs a rebuild of the offending packages, since the
current ones were built against a different version of libpam.  I've
kicked off builds.

> - /etc/ld.so.conf is missing

There doesn't seem to be any package that provides this file.
Just create an empty one?

> - I would like to compile my own programs, but the board I'm using is
> too slow, so I tried with scratchbox, but the toolchain I'm using seems
> to be incompatible with the one used in the repository, so I need a new
> toolchain for scratchbox compatible with the repository. Do you have one
> or docs on how make it?

Sorry, no.  I don't cross-compile EABI stuff except for the kernel,
but cross-compiling the kernel doesn't need a full EABI toolchain, and
so the 'cross-toolchain' that I use actually doesn't have glibc.

>    The binaries I compile inside scratchbox run fine inside scratchbox
> with give an "Illegal instruction error" in my board with debian-armel,
> in the same board with same kernel (linux2.6.18) and debian etch also
> run fine. I'm using Scratchbox Apophis  and the toolchain
> scratchbox-toolchain-arm-linux-2006q3-27-1.0.6-1

Sounds like that might be an old-ABI/EABI mismatch.  Sorry, can't
help with that.