HTH,

Rich d

Martin Michlmayr wrote:
* Maxime Tierrie <maxime.tierrie@aql.fr> [2007-04-04 11:59]:
I'm almost a newbie with Linux and I'm trying to learn how to build
embedded Linux systems based on ARM.  I have already compiled a
2.6.19 kernel for arm with a x86_64 host, apparently without any
problem.  My question is how build an initrd file ? I don't really
get how to do that with a cross-compile platform.  I aim to run my
kernel with an emulator (Qemu?).  If you have some hints for me,
don't hesitate!

I don't have an ideal solution but you could probably do it this way:
compile two kernel images: one with the modules you need compiled into
the kernel and one with them as modules.  Compile the kernel with
built-in support (and no initrd) and then create an initrd for the
modular kernel.