Re: success report, armel on nslu2

Jeff Breidenbach wrote:
>> I can verify that there are still issues with the RC2 Installer if you
>> do not preformat the Flash drive beforehand.
>
> Would it be helpful for me to put an nslu2 disk image online? That
> way people could pre-burn their USB flash drive from a desktop
> computer and skip a bunch of the installer steps. One caveat is
> I don't know how I'd ever convince the user to change the default
> password.

[Assuming you're talking about distributing an image which works with
the internal ethernet port ... (i.e. one which you installed using the
debian-installer image from www.slug-firmware.net) ...]

Be very careful about doing this - distributing the Intel IXP ethernet
driver microcode (/usr/lib/firmware/NPE-B*) without the appropriate
click-through licensing (like that found on www.slug-firmware.net) would
be a violation of that license that you agreed to when you downloaded
the nslu2 rc2 image from www.slug-firmware.net ... and you probably
don't want to give Intel's lawyers a reason to come after you ...

-- Rod (I am not a lawyer, nor do I represent Intel)