Re: armel kernels..

On Fri, 2007-02-23 at 16:40 -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> A little while ago Lennert and I built some armel kernel packages, and I
> think someone reported one of them didn't work. In fact, it turns out
> most had not been built with eabi support due to a snafu. This is now
> corrected with the current kernel packages in the armel archive, thanks
> to Lennert, and I'm actually running said armel kernel on my slug now,
> with an armel userland, so I'm quite sure it works.
>
> BTW, I will have a d-i for armel, including the slug, fairly soon. Doing
> the last few test installs and fixes now.

That would be great! I just finished polishing up my slug install
yesterday and it is now running wordpress + gallery2 for two domains,
and thanks to lighttpd, eaccelerator and wp-cache, it does so fairly
fast. It cost me a lot of time trimming down memory usage (of mysql, for
example) but it works now. Now I'm mostly done tinkering with it, I
might just take on another project: porting it all over to an armel
install!

David