Re: arm eabi port, patches

On 2007-02-14 04:00 +0000, Wookey wrote:
> On 2007-01-10 23:06 +0200, Guillem Jover wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > > The first candidate is dpkg.  Guillem Jover's patch available here:
> > >
> > > 	http://lists.debian.org/debian-embedded/2006/05/msg00032.html
> >
> > Now that I've opened dpkg's trunk for 1.14 (targetted for lenny), I'll
> > be appliying a cleaner version of the patch, those versions will be
> > going to experimental for now.
>
> I've rebased this patch for dpkg 1.13.25 and it seems to work OK. (I'm
> currently building an emdebian armel cross-toolchain with it.)
>
> I can't see this filed as a bug/patch for dpkg (but there are an awful
> lot, so I may have missed it), so I'll do that unless someone shouts
> that there is a better plan imminent, or that this has in fact already
> been done.

After doing some testing I found that in fact there is a bug. dpkg-architecture for
i386 gives the Build arch and host differently:
DEB_BUILD_ARCH=linux-i386
DEB_HOST_ARCH=i386
which stops dpkg installing anything on the build machine.
This is probably my fault rather than Guillem's, but needs fixing
before it can go upstream.

I shall try and fix this on the way to fosdem, and if I can't, hope
Guillem is there to explain it all to me :-)

Wookey
work: http://www.aleph1.co.uk/                 play: http://wookware.org/

believed to be clean.