Re: aptitude flashing the wrong kernel on NSLU2

Correction i flashed the NSLU2 with sda1-2.6.18-3.bin from Martin Michlmayr site to get going again.

On 2/18/07, Mikael Rudberg < mikael.rudberg@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi

First of all i have to say thanks to all that sent me solutions how to solve my issues it has been very helpful for me being a Debian novice and all.

I have run into an interesting issue that i wonder if someone could explain how I can avoided it in the future.

When i did my initial Debian installation i got tons of unresolved dependencies after the install so i decided to try to let aptitude correct them and went with the suggested solution it provided.

However i noticed mid upgrade it downloaded and installed amongst other things

linux-image-2.6.18-3-iop32x

Which didn't seem right to me but being new and all i restarted the box and sure enough the NSLU2 hang right after redboot sequence  with all lights turned one.

So grabbing for a last straws used the Ugutil and flashed the box with

linux-image-2.6.18-3-ixp4xx

image and thankfully the box started up correctly after that

So my question are how can i avoid these things to happened in the future is there some setting that can ensure that aptitude doesn't downloads non-compatible kernel images

Regards

Mikael