Re: ImageMagick / NetPBM performance

On Sun, Feb 11, 2007 at 08:28:24PM +0000, Martin Guy wrote:
> >If so, he could try the EABI port, which gives a significant floating
> >point performance boost.
>
> About a factor of 11 increase in FP speed in fact.
> Install Debian armel and help them complete it - see the links in the
> first line of wiki.debian.org/ArmEabiPort.  You'll have the fastest
> slug on the planet :)

I forgot all about the missing FPU. I'll try the EABI port. It seems a
lot of work to get it all up and running, however. But then, gallery2
will not allow offline thumbnail creation. And, when importing albums
from gallery1 it wants to resize everything locally. Right now, the
two options are to let it run for a week or two or import it on my
desktop and then try to export the database and all files, :-( Maybe
gallery2 simply won't work on my slug, but an existing database is
useable after installing eAccelerator (or probably something like it)
and edit the mysql config to drop some database types (innodb eats up
loads of memory). But every gallerylike application needs resizing, so
it seems worth a try, thanks!

David